You’re not going to believe how amazingly delicious these chocolate truffles are. And even more amazing, they’re amazingly good for you. They’re so good that they deserve the name ‘amaze-balls’!
Here’s why they’re just the best thing ever:
2. Coconut oil – an incredible source of natural saturated fats and vitamins and other things. It’s really really good for you, just trust me. Or google it
3. Raw cacao – while a bit pricey compared to cocoa powder, it’s worth every cent. The antioxidant and mineral levels in raw cacao are off the charts, making this the superfood of all superfoods. It also contains natural stimulants to reduce fatigue without caffeine-like drawbacks, and anandamide, known as the bliss molecule. Here’s a list of 12 cacao benefits from the very informative Positive Health & Wellness so you can read all about it. Many sources advise against letting children have too much cacao because it’s a natural stimulant, but that’s a good excuse to only give them one a day. Do the research and decide for yourself.
4. Almonds – the most nutrient dense of all nuts, almonds are rich in vitamins and minerals including magnesium and vitamin E.
Lee-Anne created our ultimate chocolate amaze-balls by playing around with adding different quantities of nuts and coconut oil to cacao and dates. We’re crazy about this combo, and everyone who’s tasted them has begged us for the recipe!
Here’s how you can create your own chocolate amaze-balls.
- 1 cup of pitted dates (use the loose, dried dates as opposed to the solid block)
- 1/4 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of ground almonds (about a 100g packet)
- 2/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- pinch of himalayan salt
- A little extra coconut or cocoa powder
- Put the dates in a mixing bowl and pour over just enough boiling water to cover them. Allow to stand for about an hour.
- Once the dates are soft, just throw in all the other ingredients (leave the soaking water in the bowl), and puree the mixture with a hand blender.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for about an hour to firm up, then roll into small balls.
- Roll the balls in coconut or cocoa powder.
Enjoy the deliciousness. And let us know if you love them as much as we do!